Wednesday, July 17, 2013

More Shared Memories

Shared by Jerry Gerber, one of Dad's Co-Workers

"I remember meeting Carl for the first time.  Not in a conference room and not listening to him teaching but one on one. I took on something at work and was not sure if what I said I would do, I wanted to do.  We all have been there. The place where the roads divide and you find your self with very little courage to take the road with all the mountains and bumps. Anyway Carl must of been able to see that and came and sat with me.  He asked me who I was and he was the first person to get to know me.  We talked about our kids and just life for what had to be only 15 minutes worth.  In them 15 minutes I forgot about the road that was up ahead and with him talking about life and taking the time to get to know me I found my courage. 

It is funny because we never once said anything about my concerns.  As he got up and left he said this: Don't worry about where you are.  Listen and and show your passion and they will understand and listen to you.  He also said this that I will never forget.  My family is my strength everyday.  Now I think you found your strength as well. 

After that I felt good about what I was doing and decided that what needed to be done, I could do.  He will be missed and his words I will always remember."

1 comment:

  1. I know the earthly process of things have taken place, as I continue to read the inspiring memories of Carl, I feel the spirit so strong and the vail even closer, I pray that comfort and peace will soon fill your hearts and mind and that you and your family will grow even beyond your expectations. Rob Johnson

    ReplyDelete