We have been grateful for each day we have had to be by dad's side. Unfortunately, another day has passed without progression. Dad is no longer in a coma, but is still not responsive. With each day that passes we remain prayerful and hopeful, but we are more aware that sometimes faith is exercised through acceptance. We would love a miracle but understand that it may not be our Heavenly Father's plan for dad to come back to us. As always we thank you for you prayers and support.

I'm holding on to hope!
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for the heartbreak you're going through. Hold on and know God is in charge. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteGod is definitely in charge. We have felt that so strong. Thanks for your love and prayers. Love you Marilyn
DeleteHi Rand. I work at Kroger and have enjoyed working, often long distance, with your Dad. He's such a great dad. I just finished reading "Proof of Heaven" authored by a neurosurgeon that was deathly ill and in a coma due to an ecoli infection in his spine. If you have not read it yet, I encourage you to. I think about your family every day, and you all are in my prayers. Stephanie
ReplyDeleteThanks for your prayers. Love Matilyn
DeleteHope springs eternal in the human breast;
ReplyDeleteMan never is, but always to be blessed:
The soul, uneasy and confined from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.
– Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man
Whether it is in this brief window of life or in the continuation to come, there remains hope. Hope in and because of Christ. I will hope for my friend and your father. I and my family plead with the Father of us all for comfort to be with yours.
“As long as I breathe, I attack." ~ Bernard Hinault
I think Carl might just be looking for a way to attack!
Thanks for your inspiring thoughts. You have always helped him conquer any technological problems and there have been many. Love Marilyn
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the continued updates. I have known Carl for about 25 years. I met him through Smith's, and have many fond memories of working with him at the Layton Office. In fact, I might be able to say that I am one of the few (if not only) people who have had the privilege of painting his fingernails. That was the year he dressed up as Carolyn Dunn for Halloween! :) We also had an ongoing battle with our Jeeps and rocks for a long time! Carl is a great, respected and well loved person on so many different fields. Thoughts and prayers of hope, faith, peace and comfort continue to come your way.
ReplyDeleteAllison Stevens Mikkelsen
Allison I remember how much he liked you. Thanks for your kind words and prayers. Love Marilyn
Delete