Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11th - Stories

From Judy Ball, one of Dad's co-workers at Kroger:
"I met Carl for the first time last fall. We worked together customizing the FC Trust course for Kroger Logistics. From the minute I met him, I felt connected and welcomed into his life! We worked hard together to get the "product" out, done, and ready to roll quickly! But in our meetings together we also learned much about each other and I knew how much he loved biking!! He also shared with me his fear of needing his knees replaced at some point "down the road." I was still recuperating from having both of mine done last year, and I told him that when the time was right...just do it! 

Our project together wrapped up and then I was lucky enough to continue on working with Dave Valentine and his Retail crew on another project. The last time I saw Carl was a random, chance meeting in the parking lot of his office in Layton. I was delivering materials for Dave and Carl happened to be pulling up and there. I was so happy to see him and we chatted for a bit and caught up, etc. He was very gracious and took the large box of materials I had for Dave so that I didn't have to lug them up the stairs, etc. A true gentleman!! 

My heart is heavy with your loss as a family, but knowing he left this earth doing one of the things he loved best softens that blow just a bit. I will always think of him as "Carl from Kroger!" We actually made a little "scribe" video case study example of our work together because it was such a success. (I am attaching it in this email.) And now....I wish we had just used his real name in the audio portion, but we changed it to "protect the innocent!" Maybe we will redo it and use his name as a kind of legacy. 

Please know that my heart and condolences are with your family now. I am planning to be at the service, but know I will likely not get to meet you  as your priorities will be with family and close friends. I just want you to know how much Carl's presence in my life—even for this short time—made a difference in every good way possible!! 

Thank you for sharing your husband, father, grandpa, etc. with me for even this brief time." 

No comments:

Post a Comment