Friday, July 5, 2013

July 5


We want to thank everyone for the prayers and amazing support we have felt over the last 10 days. 

As saddened as we are to say, we know the end of Dad's earthly journey is near. It has taken a lot of praying and tears for us to feel the measure of peace we are now receiving from our Heavenly Father.

Please continue your prayers on behalf of my family and my dad, that he may be reunited soon with his own dad. 

21 comments:

  1. I'm at a lost for words, and have been over the last ten days. Uncle Carl is one of the most amazing men there is, and will truly be missed by all. I pray your family will continue to feel peace and comfort in the coming days.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are heartbroken over your sweet dad, and we will continue to pray for him and your family. We are so so sorry and sad. He has always been kind and gracious, and a great example. Sending love to your whole family,
    David and Cindy and girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all have been in our constant thoughts and prayers, and will continue to be. We have lived for your updates, so thank you for posting them. I know that I, along with you, believe in miracles. Hopefully that is the Lord's will. Lots and lots of love, Ashly and family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you've heard it many times already but Carl was always an example of the type of grown up and Dad I always wanted to be. I feel like many of my adult behaviors come directly from his influence. I was always proud to bear the Red Dog Riders team name in Lotoja!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. We couldn't have asked for better neighbors to grow up next to. -Staci Christensen Mellor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rand, I didn't know your Dad. He sounds like an amazing man. The person you are is evidence of his goodness and love. I'm sorry for your loss. We are here for you if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture. The 3 men in my life with the most influence have all shared the last name Blair. It is impossible for me to describe in words the sadness I feel at the possibility in losing another 'Blair Man'. I remember riding in a canoe with your dad in the Uintahs a couple summers ago and he was telling me some funny stories about Grandpa Blair. "I sure do miss that guy" Carl said as he finished telling me a story about a moose that was chasing him (Carl) because Grandpa had told him to go and get closer to it. Now it resonates deeper with me what he meant. He will see Grandpa soon but man, we are all really going to miss that guy. You all are in our prayers several times a day, and constant in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Carl and I really love your family he has always enjoyed doing things with you and you are a great husband and father. Thanks so much Marilyn

      Delete
  8. I am sure he is having a great time with Grandpa, that's what I have felt for several days. We love you all an will continue our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As we have prayed, fasted, gathered at the temple, and anything else we could think of to do to keep Carl here for a while longer, I have hoped that our collective faith would invoke the powers of heaven, and our desires would be granted. Our losing Morgan didn't dampen my hope that this time the story would have a different ending.
    Last night, I asked the question," If all we do is pray, give priesthood blessings, fast, and put our loved one's names in the temple, and then say God's will be done, what's the point? Why don't we skip all the ceremony and just be content to sit back and watch God's will unfold? I went to bed confused and broken hearted.
    I woke up this morning to the answer. You answered it for me Rand. We do it all that we may be strengthened to endure the bitter experience without becoming bitter. We gather together in faith that we may endure the grief and loss without being broken by it. It's what endows us with the ability to endure to the end.
    Thank you Rand for strengthening my faith. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read this blog almost every day watching for updates. Thanks for making it so I could stay in the loop even though I am far away.

    My first memory of Brother Blair was trick-or-treating at their house when I was very young. My dad always made sure we made it to the Blair's house because they had a full sized candy bar for the grown-up taking the kids around. We always liked to go there too because the Blair's never passed out cheap stuff like smarties. Lots of times Brother Blair would tell us that because we had done such a great job dressing up he would give us a few fun sized candy bars. We loved going there.

    My next favorite memory of Brother Blair was when he would come into Primary when he was in the Bishopric. I remember him bringing his "favorite" tie and he would let us cut it off depending on how well we were singing. I remember telling my parents that Brother Blair didn't have very good taste because his "favorite" ties were always so ugly. :) I don't think there has ever been a Primary singing with such conviction. I remember one time Scott or Trevor got to be the receiver of a piece of Brother Blair's tie. It was a BIG deal. They were sooooo proud to have that piece.

    I think that Brother Blair was the Priesthood leader at almost every Girls Camp I had. I remember what a good sport he was to deal with all of us crazy girls. I remember thinking how cute he and Marilyn were together. Always holding hands and being so kind to each other. They have always been an example to me of how I want to treat my husband.

    I always loved to ride with the Blair's to do baptisms for the dead. It was always fun to talk to them and share whatever was happening at that time with them. Brother Blair would always make sure we stopped for ice cream on the way home.

    I remember the comfort Brother Blair was for my parents when Scott got married. Scott was determined that Brother Blair HAD to be at his wedding even though very few people were invited to the actual wedding ceremony. My mom said it was very hard for her to tell people that Scott had had a baby and that he was getting married until she talked to Brother Blair. Brother Blair expressed his love for Scott and for my family when we needed it the most. He said he would do whatever it would take to be at Scott and Hailey's wedding. He and Marilyn were there sitting as close to the front as they could get. His caring and unjudgemental attitude meant a lot to us.

    I hope that someday I can be as influential in the lives of so many people as Brother Blair. I hope that I can be as giving and as service oriented. I hope that I can love and care about everyone around me like he does. He is a person that truly lives the Gospel!

    My prayers are with your family at this time.

    Mandy Niederhauser Rhodes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reading all the entries in this blog, as well a
    as the comments that have followed have only confirmed what I already knew.... Carl is an amazing, loving, caring, and inspirational man ~ that will never be forgotten. Words can't express the sadness that I feel.

    Please know that I wish you and your family strength and peace at this difficult time.

    Love Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly I remember you and Carl really liked you. He truly enjoyed his job. We will miss him more than words can say. Love Marilyn

      Delete
  12. I think Mandy summed up a lot of the memories I have of Carl Blair. But I do want to thank the Blair family for sharing your husband and father with the ward family. In a lot of ways Carl reminds me of President Monson. He always cared for the One. It didn't matter whether we were primary age, youth, young adult, or even the widows in the ward; he knew everyone by first name and went out of his way to make us all feel important. As an adult I realize that time off of work is not always easy to come by, and I know that Carl must have sacrificed family time to be with the ward. It didn't matter if it was baptisms for the dead before school early in the morning, BYC meetings, Girl's Camp, Youth Conference, delivering turkey dinners to ward members, or any other activity; he was always there.

    My prayers go out to you at this difficult time. No doubt it must be his time to go continue his mission on the other side. Thanks for being such a good example of faith through the hard times.

    Nicole Niederhauser Binder

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not very good at expressing myself when it comes to my feelings. I have been checking your blog multiple times each day praying that the Lord's will would be a full recovery, but knowing that Carl has lived a full life of service, and love to those who surrounded him. He has both directly and indirectly influenced me as an individual and my family as a whole as he has served us and cared for us. Although the big wind storm in Kaysville was tough as our families electricity was out for a week, I had the great opportunity to spend time with Carl as we went from house to house serving in many different ways. Although it wasn't just the service that influenced me but the conversation with Carl and Scott. I love them both immensely and can't help but feel a deep loss. I know Carl is entering into the joy of our Heavenly Father, as he has not only influenced the soul of one person, but the soul of too many to count. Thank you for sharing Carl with me and my family. We love your family pray for you each every day!!

    Joey and Amy Catenzaro and Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carl and I love you guys so much. Thanks for your loving words.

      Delete
  14. I have many fond memories of growing up at the Blair household. Nerf Wars, SEGA CD, trampoline wrestling matches, and Carl tormenting Brandon for constantly running his mouth. The greatest impression left was the love and admiration his children held for their Dad. Carl was invincible and will forever remain so in my eyes. Our hearts, prayers, and thoughts go out to your family. Carl is an incredible man, father, husband, and friend.

    Mitch and the Arquette family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have many fond memories of Rands friends hanging out at our house. I vaguely remember Carl picking you up and taking you outside and throwing you I'n our kiddie pool. Did that really happen? Thanks for your family's love and support. Love Marilyn

      Delete
  15. It has been 28 years since Grandpa Blair (Carl's dad) died. I can't even imagine the reunion. I can just see them catching up. Carl explaining all the cool gadgets that we have now that would help him explore the world. Grandpa showing Carl how to navigate in Heaven and prepare it for his Eternal Companion and Family.

    ReplyDelete