One of the hardest parts of this whole experience for me has been having to tell my children that their favorite pal and playmate had to go back to heaven. The hole in my heart ached watching their little hearts break with learning the news. Dad (for he was like a dad to me, and he always treated me like a daughter) truly was a wonderful grandpa. From the moment he walked through the door of our house, or us through his, the little voices could be heard saying, "Grandpa can we wrestle. I want to play rough" and the mayhem would begin. He would often be found at the bottom of a pile of kids, and if he wasn't there, he almost always had a kid hanging on his arm. Even with sore knees, he would let them climb all over him. I always hoped he would be there to keep my kids in line as they enter the teenage years, so I am praying now that he will continue to influence them from the other side. We will keep his memory alive through teaching our kids what he has taught my husband and me, and if they can become even an once of what he was we will have succeeded. Thank you Dad for loving and blessing the lives of your grandkids. They will always love their favorite "pal" and "tough guy".
Kim and the kids
:( this makes me sad. He is such a fun grandpa to the kids and always willing to play with them, even when everyone else was tired.
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to see how Much they loved it. Sometimes I had to say somebody's going to end up crying. They did not care. They would just quit crying and get back on grandpa
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteLove those fun times
ReplyDeleteI have known Carl Blair since 1997, when Kim and Jeff were married. I remember him fondly as a very loving person with a wonderful outgoing personality. I learned some of that very early on as people came through the wedding reception and told me how they knew Carl and some stories about him. Since then, I have heard about him often from the grandchildren when I am with them. Their feelings and words were always positive and happy as they told me about what exciting things they had done when they were with him. I remember many times when his attitude toward service toward others was apparent after Kim and Jeff moved to Utah....he had often driven down to Saratoga Springs from Kaysville to help with the chores and tasks around their house, helping build the swingset, fixing the washing machine, helping Jeff with the sprinklers, and taking rides with Jeff on the bikes. I remember that he often would help with household tasks when we were together for celebrations, etc. He is great at washing dishes and cleaning up the kitchen with interesting conversation too! Throughout these years, I have come to respect and admire him for the person that he was. I have very often been very, very grateful that he was Jeff's father, as I saw his influence and teaching evident through the actions and works of Jeff as he took care of his own family. Jeff has always treated Kim with love and consideration, as well as his children, which fills my mother's heart with happiness and gratitude. He will be so greatly missed by Kim's family and we look forward to the time when we will see him again in heaven.
ReplyDelete