Sunday, July 7, 2013

Change for Charlie


I have walked past Charlie sitting here several times today. I saw her licking the straps of the backpack and didn't realize at first that this is dad's backpack. Cute Charlie looks a little how we feel. 

Somehow my dad always seemed to end up being the favorite...even for our dogs. Dad pretended not to really like or even need a dog, yet if you'd sneak into the room, you'd frequently find Charlie snuggled up on his lap as he read. As active as dad has always been, he's also been an avid reader, which means Charlie and dogs we've had before have gotten to spend some quality quiet time with dad.

So, cute Charlie...we know how you feel and we miss him too... 


2 comments:

  1. It is hard being 3rd in Charlie's life. Maybe now I'll at least be second

    ReplyDelete