Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1st

It's been a tough day for us. Dad has been off the sedation medication since yesterday and today they stepped him down partway on his pain medication to solicit a response. While we feel dad is still in there it is very difficult to wait and not see the change we hope and pray for. 

We continue on hopeful and prayerful and know that while we are doing everything we can and the doctors are too, dad is ultimately in the Lord's hands. It is hard to place our collective trust in anyone's hands, but if we must, we will defer to our gracious Heavenly Father. 

Please continue the prayers and support. We remain hopeful and ask that you do the same. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rand, I remember about this time of year, many years ago, we were at our family reunion. I think we were about 4 years old or so. We had been playing and were headed back to the group when you crossed the sidewalk and were hit by a bike. I don't know why I so vividly remember seeing your dad's face as he ran to you. I remember him pushing the people out of the way that were standing around you as he called out, "he's my son!" I remember him falling to the ground by your side and lifting you up. I even remember the blue, button up palm tree shirt you were wearing. I even remember thinking how horrible it was that you were going to miss the fireworks that year because you had a concussion! Obviously my young mind did not comprehend the worry and desperation your heart feels when your dearest love one is hurt. I just can't help but feel that you are in much need of extra comforting. I just picture grandpa or Heavenly Father running to your dad's side calling out, "he's my son!" They can hold him while he is sleeping. I pray that they comfort you and your family. I love you guys, Lacey

    ReplyDelete