Found this picture the other night. It made me smile because I think my most favorite times with dad have always been doing something outside...hiking, camping, 4-wheeling, snowmobiling....playing. We are so lucky we are to have a dad who has always been so involved...who has always had time for us and been genuinely interested in his whole family. As I hear more and more stories from friends, family and people with whom dad has worked ...I am even more impressed and proud to know that my dad cares about many, many people. He has done service and offered help that we have never even known about.
As I look as his strong arms in this picture it makes me smile...he still has the same strong arms. He is strong, the strongest man I know. He is a fighter. I remain convinced that if he is allowed to stay and fight, he will. If it doesn't happen, it is only because it's not the plan for him and for us. If it were up to him, 2 hours into this ordeal he would have said "Lets get outta here" and we would have been off to the next adventure. As you probably know, Dad's not really one to enjoy sitting around...
We had hoped by now to see more of a response and every day that passes without more alertness is concerning. But we have been told that there are enough positive signs that we should keep holding on and fighting on. And so we will...
We are willing to accept what the Lord has in store for our dad. While this week has been so incredibly painful, we have also had spiritual experiences that help us to know Heavenly Father is in charge. We continue to be grateful for the love, support and prayers from all who know and love our dad.


I love reading your posts, even if there is no change, I am so glad you still post something. I love the stories. You are all such incredible people and great writers. We love you and continue to pray for all of you.
ReplyDeletelove ya Sharon
Carl has always been a great example of a husband and father! He has loved God, not in many words, but in many actions. I have especially enjoyed watching him love your mom! He's a good man!
ReplyDeleteAs much as he loved biking, and every other outdoor sport, he loves me even more and has shown it so much I am so very grateful for that!! I couldn't ask for a more loving companion ever.
ReplyDelete