Saturday, June 29, 2013

Keeping His Bike Warm

Good bikes are like horses -- they have to be ridden or they get lazy. I haven't had a desire to look at dad's road bike but found some time this morning to get out on his mountain bike before heading back to the hospital. I took it out on his stomping grounds up on the Bonneville Shoreline trail east of mom and dad's house. Dad takes pride in riding the trail without having to put his foot down and gets a little ornery when someone gets in front of him and makes him put a foot down.  While dad is certainly in good shape, he may be a little past his prime and as a result I think I broke a couple records for his bike. Turns out it's a faster bike than I remember when he rode it. :) It wasn't a long ride but something about riding his bike on his trail made me happy today and I thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment