Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"Tarred and Feathered" by Carter Roberts, age 10


As a friend of Brother Blair, I always liked to wrestle with him. Although he won every time, I'd push as hard as I could because I knew he could handle it. Both Sister and Brother Blair were my Primary teachers. The last lesson that Brother Blair gave me was about Joseph Smith having mercy on all that had done him wrong. He told the story of how one night some guys took Joseph and tied him to a chair. They tore his shirt off, then started to pour boiling hot tar on him and put on feathers so he'd look like a fool. It was extremely painful but the next day he forgave the men and only then did they realize what they did wrong. For the lesson story, Brother Blair made me the example of Joseph, and my classmates were the bad guys. Brother Blair poured hot wax on two parts of my arm and put a cloth on one and some feathers on the other. The girls in my class tore off the cloth and the boys slowly peeled the feathers off and it started to sting and pull off some skin, but it was all worth the fun and I'll never forget the lesson!!! I truly loved having Brother Blair in my life.

Carter Roberts - age 10

No comments:

Post a Comment